Firstly, we are under a legal obligation to let you know what personal information we collect about you, what we use it for and on what basis. We always need a good reason and we also have to explain to you your rights in relation to that information. You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to have a copy of it, and you can ask us to change or sometimes delete it.
But whatever we do with your information, we need a legal basis for doing it. We generally rely on one of three grounds (reasons) for our business processing.
1. You have ordered or have a service from us, therefore we are entitled to process your information so that we can provide that service to the highest quality and customer service to you and and take payment for this service.
2. We may want to collect and use your information for other purposes, we may need to ask for your consent (permission) and, if we do, that permission must always be indicated by a positive action from you (such as ticking a box) and be informed. You are also free to withdraw your permission at any time.
3. In our ‘legitimate interests’ we will use the information in a particular way without your permission (for example, to protect our network against cyber-attacks). But when we do this, we must tell you as you may have a right to object.
What Personal Information We Store and How We Use It
We’ll use your personal information to provide you with products and services. This applies when you register for or buy a product or service from us. Or if you register for an online account with us or download and register on one of our apps.
This means we’ll:
- Record details about the products and services you use oor order from us
- Send you product or service-information messages (we’ll send you messages to confirm your order and tell you about any changes or delays to that order. We will update you on any deadlines or requirements for your to receive your product or service).
- Let you create and log in to the online accounts we run
- Charge you for our service and make sure your payment reaches us
- Only give give information to someone else (if we need to for the product or service you’ve ordered).
- We use the following to provide products and services and manage your account:
- Your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and your communications with us. This includes your name, gender, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, passwords and credentials (such as the security questions and answers we have on your account)
- Your payment and financial information.
- Your communications with us, including emails, webchats and phone calls. We’ll also keep records of any settings or communication preferences you choose
We’ll use your personal information to send you direct marketing and to better identify products and services that interest you. We do that if you’re one of our customers or if you’ve been in touch with us another way (such as entering a prize promotion or competition).
This means we’ll:
- Tell you about other products and services you might be interested in
- Try to identify products and services you’re interested in; and show you more relevant online advertising and work with other well-known brands to make theirs more suitable too
- We use the following for marketing and to identify the products and services you’re interested in;
- Your contact details. This includes your name, gender, address, phone number, date of birth and email address
- Your payment and financial information
- Information from cookies and tags placed on our websites and social media channels
- Information from other organisations such Facebook, Google, Twitter based upon their data control policies.
We’ll send you information (about the products and services we provide) by phone, post, email, text message or online banner advertising. We also use the information we have about you to personalise these messages wherever we can as we believe it is important to make them relevant to you. We do this because we have a legitimate business interest in keeping you up to date with our products and services, making them relevant to you and making sure you manage your spending with us. We also check that you are happy for us to send you marketing messages by text or email before we do so. In each message we send, you also have the option to opt out.
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your information with any other party without additional and recorded permission. We do not share the data of our users, unless their is a legal responsibility to do so.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information.
We have strict security measures to protect your personal information. We store your information on GDPR complaint platforms only.
We check your identity when you get in touch with us, and we follow our security procedures and apply suitable technical measures, such as encryption, to protect your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
We store your information for 36 months after you have purchased a product or service. This is then removed form our database. You have the right at anytime to ask us to remove all your data.